Online retailers can showcase products to buyers shopping for related products with a highly targeted cost-per-click ad program on Amazon.com
Small businesses are always looking for a new way to drive traffic to their website and generate online sales. Being part of a high visibility distribution channel can help elevate your online presence and enable your business to compete with bigger businesses. Using a low-cost online advertising tool that enables targeting based on products you sell can be even more powerful.
Amazon.com (one of the internet’s leading online shopping destinations) now offers small businesses a new advertising channel with Amazon Product Ads.
A highly targeted cost-per-click advertising program, Amazon Product Ads puts your products in front of millions of Amazon.com customers that are actively shopping for similar or related products. Customers who click your ads are taken directly to your website to make a purchase. With no monthly fees or minimum spend, you simply upload your products, set your budget, and go live!
Sign-up for the Amazon Product Ad Program – Get $75 in Free Clicks
In addition to an easy sign-up process, Amazon Product Ads is currently offering new advertisers $75 worth of free clicks!
Advertisers who sign up for a new account and get their first Amazon.com customer click on a live ad will get the next $75 worth of clicks to their website for free. This is a great way for small businesses to test the performance of product ads on Amazon without much risk (or cost).
Once you sign up, the cost (or advertising investment) is completely controlled by the advertiser. Amazon Product Ads charges no monthly fees and has no minimum spend requirements. Advertisers are charged only when a customer clicks through to their website from Amazon.com. Amazon Product Ads uses a cost-per-click bidding model that takes into account the product category and price. Advertisers set their daily budget to control how much they spend. The maximum price paid per click is controlled by the advertiser’s bid.
Advertisers can sign up to advertise their products in the following categories, and can use the below minimum cost per click price as a guide (note this rates are subject to change with Amazon):
- Baby – Minimum Cost per Click: $0.10 – $0.60
- Computers – Minimum Cost per Click: $0.20 – $0.70
- Electronics – Minimum Cost per Click: $0.10 – $1.35
- Health and Beauty – Minimum Cost per Click: $0.10 – $0.60
- Home – Minimum Cost per Click: $0.10 – $0.80
- Home Improvement – Minimum Cost per Click: $0.15 – $1.00
- Office – Minimum Cost per Click: $0.20 – $0.80 Shoes – Minimum Cost per Click: $0.15 – $0.60
- Sports – Minimum Cost per Click: $0.15 – $0.70 Toys – Minimum Cost per Click: $0.10 – $0.20
- Watches – Minimum Cost per Click: $0.25 – $.075
Advertisers should have active e-commerce functionality on their website. In order to participate, an advertiser must have a website that provides customers with a secure checkout process and URL to each product’s detail page. To sign up, advertisers must have a US billing address and a US phone number.
The new Amazon Product Ads programs offers small businesses an alternative to Google’s Ad Words program that is more geared towards website visitors that are actively shopping… buyers that are shopping for a specific product! You can’t get much more targeted than that.
To get started, sign up for Amazon Product Ads now.
More Articles You May Be Interested In:
Latest posts by Diane Seltzer (see all)
- Marketing Plan Template for 2020 - January 9, 2019
- Top Social Media Sites for Small Businesses - June 4, 2018
- 5 Greatest Advantages of Digital Publishing for Your Small Business - January 27, 2018
- How Small Businesses Can Use Native Advertising and Sponsored Content - October 10, 2016
- Web Design Best Practices on Small Business Marketing Tools Redesign - January 24, 2016