Imagine taking the time and energy to make a video for your company and, after six months, it becomes obsolete! How much time and work it took for a video that is only going to be watched for a few weeks? It doesn’t always seem worth it!
For that reason, more businesses are looking toward making evergreen videos. These are videos that are going to be useful months (and even years) down the line. They will continue to bring in more business, even after you have made multiple other videos.
That being said, it isn’t always easy to make videos that will stand the test of time. Here are some tips to create videos that are evergreen.
Be careful when showing screens or interfaces.
User interfaces are always changing and updating. For this reason, you should avoid showing screens and interfaces in your videos. If you do, your videos will seem outdated to anyone who watches them later, even in a few months.
So, what can you do? You can show people looking at the screens, without showing your viewers what they are looking at.
Use caution when talking price.
If you want your video to be relevant months and years from now, you shouldn’t mention your prices. We all know that your prices will change as time goes by. You are going to have to change your rates as the years go by.
You may also do sales and specials where you offer special pricing that won’t be available for long.
So, what can you do? There are a few options to help your videos stay up to date when it comes to your pricing.
- Don’t even talk about the price. Instead, send people to your website or store to get more information.
- Show the price instead of saying it. If you show infographics with your pricing, it is much easier to update as your prices change, instead of recording over your current video (or just making a whole new one).
- Record multiple versions. If you already have a plan in place to change your pricing, you may want to record multiple versions of the same video. All you would need to do is record the pricing section multiple times so that you can easily edit it when your price changes go into effect.
Remember that technology is constantly improving.
Because technology is always getting better, the videos that you make today could be done better in a few weeks (or months).
So, what can you do? You should always use the best techniques when you are making videos so that it can stand the test of time. To do this, shoot in the highest resolution possible (even if it is not currently needed.) So, for instance, most of our videos are delivered in 1080p HD, but we film almost all of our videos in 6k resolution to make sure that all future needs are covered.
Cover your bases when it comes to using and hiring actors.
The best videos feature people, whether you use employees or actors. However, you have to figure out what you are going to do if your employees leave the job. Will you still be able to use the videos? If you use actors, how long can you use the video?
So, what can you do? Any time that you hire actors, you need to make sure that you have a release that allows you to use the videos whenever and however you need them. You should try to think ahead so you can plan for other uses that may come about in the future.
If you use your employees, make sure that you will still be able to use the video if they leave your company.
Be careful with dates.
You should avoid mentioning dates if at all possible. If you say that you have been open for ten years and someone watches the video five years from now, this will no longer hold true.
So, what can you do? You should say that you have been in business since (and mention the year). This will keep your video up-to-date no matter when someone watches it.
Basically, you need to think about anything that may change in the next few months or years. You don’t want your video to become outdated right away.
You will enjoy more value and a longer lifetime with your video marketing material if you just take the time to think about and plan for the various pitfalls. Best of luck and keep up your video marketing!
Latest posts by Editorial Staff (see all)
- The Impact of Digital Transformation on Traditional Business Models - November 8, 2023
- Personal Trainer Marketing Strategies And Tips - November 6, 2023
- How to Franchise a Business: A Comprehensive Guide - October 27, 2023
- 10 Practical Tips for Successfully Launching Your Startup - July 26, 2023
- 4 Types of Stickers & Roll Labels Explained - July 10, 2023