Keyword clustering is one of the top methods used when targeting to streamline workflow and optimize SEO simultaneously. It can take some time to get results, but it is a worthwhile undertaking. When done well, it can deliver awesome results for your company for years. So, how exactly does it work?
Let’s start with the benefits. Although the primary purpose of keyword clustering is assigning keywords to content types to secure organic ranks, it comes in handy in laying the foundation for the marketing team in the next couple of months. With keyword clustering you can expect to:
- Create content that is better for your target clients. This is possible because you are able to get deeper insights into the intent of keywords by looking at Google data.
- Develop an outstanding plan that can help to feed other marketing efforts using methods such as content repurposing. This means that when done correctly, keyword clustering can be a useful tool for supporting PPC, PR, and marketing automation.
- Helping to boost productivity for your business or organization via marketing teams’ alignment. For example, your writing and SEO team will have a clear plan to follow in the next 6-12 months, implying that they will be able to prepare and deliver better content.
- Cutting down the danger of cannibalization. Because you have mapped the keywords correctly, you are sure that there will be no danger of duplicate content. You will also easily know the next anchor text to use and where to link.
- Well done keyword clustering can help you to get your content to the featured snippets. This is made possible through a comprehensive analysis of other content to determine what other content features rank for.
How to Use Keyword Clustering to Optimize Your SEO
Cluster Your Keywords Together with SERP Analysis
When doing your SERP analysis, the first step is determining what is getting ranked for the selected keyword. For example, is it your product pages, home pages, articles, collection pages, or service pages? No matter what it is, that is the type of content to focus on. If Google is ranking most of your articles and no or very few collection pages, you better go with the articles.
After establishing what to create, go deeper and establish the nature of content on the top pages of similar sites. Check for topics covered, images, videos, headings, and GIFs. This investigation will reveal what your clients want to help you serve them in a better way. You will also be able to create content with high search volume, raising the chances of getting a better ranking.
Use Keyword Clustering to Discover New Content for Your Site
Keyword clustering can also work well for you when searching for the content to create and new opportunities. To do this, check for features and formatting of different contents, such as images, “people ask questions,” videos, knowledge panels, and featured snippets. Notably, “people ask questions” is particularly helpful because you unearth questions that can be answered using the content you create. Depending on the questions, you might need a new page or article altogether. With these new types of content, you can start designing your internal linking strategy.
Identify the Best Keyword for Your Content
Keyword clustering presents special opportunities in identifying the right keywords which are likely to have been ignored. By selecting multiple keywords in a web page or article, it is easy to establish the right angle for your content and online presence. See, you will have discovered a cache of keywords and can move a step ahead to determine the related search volume and competition, among other parameters to assess their suitability for your content.
As you can see, search engine optimization (SEO) is evolving rather fast, and you cannot be left behind in the highly competitive marketing world. We have only scratched the surface on what you can do to optimize SEO with keyword clustering. To get even more through keyword clustering and other SEO strategies, such as web design, social media marketing, and influence marketing, consider working with a firm of experts.
More Articles You May Be Interested In:
Latest posts by Editorial Staff (see all)
- Guest Posting: The Most Effective Strategy for Blog Outreach - September 22, 2022
- How to attract the best talent to join your workforce - September 19, 2022
- Proven Managed Service Provider Hacks For New Businesses - September 19, 2022
- 10 Different Ways to Improve Your Instagram Results - August 30, 2022
- Digital Marketing Gray Areas: Working in the CBD Niche - August 26, 2022